I know I am! Enjoy the video! 🙂
I know I am! Enjoy the video! 🙂
It’s been a week since Thanksgiving but BOY AM I THANKFUL FOR TODAY!
Promotions are in full effect on my end of things! I got promoted in both my corporate position and my personal business….. Along with that comes raises and commissions! OWWW! I’m going to post a net worth update once my commission check hits my account because I had to take some cash out of my emergency fund to invest some cash in my business… That came back with a 600% return in one day.
Nothing brightens up my day more than walking to my mailbox and getting a check for $138.52!! Owwwweeeee!!!!! It’s not much but it feels good, ya’ll!
Since I’m going by the 80/20 rule, I saved 20% which was $27 (I saved $30:)) and spent the other 80% on gas, my favorite Mexican restaurant, and clothes at the thrift store (4 dress shirts and 4 pairs of slacks for $28)! After all that I still have $7 left and I’m thinking about just throwing that cash into my emergency fund!
Today was a great day already… The bonus was just that…….. A bonus. 🙂
Have an awesome day,
I’ve decided to follow one set of rules during my road to building a HUGE asset base!
1. Live below my means (live on less cash than I make!)
2. Increase my “means” (grow my income)
3. Follow the first two rules for the rest of my life!
This December will be my first month living STRICTLY by this set of rules! &I’m looking forward to feeling like I got a raise because I’m expecting a raise in income in December (which will go along great with the $1,000 in extra income I earned this month!) and I just constructed an AMAZING and TOTALLY do-able budget for December! I’m ready to get focused and organized, financially! It looks like this will give me an AWESOME head-start to my next fiscal year starting in January!
My goal is to DOUBLE MY INCOME in 2014!
I’ll end 2013 with roughly $22,000 in total income working part-time jobs and being fairly lazy. But in December of 2014 it will be fun to see the difference in my 12 month income and overall NET WORTH compared to 2013! Now I’m developing a better work ethic, I work a part-time and own my own business now! So seeing the difference should be interesting!
Anyways… I’m curious. What financial rules do you live by? Let me know! 🙂
MAN, OH MAN!! Today was a doozie! From the very beginning of my professional career, I’ve gotten my paycheck via direct deposit every other Saturday morning. I’ve loved the certainty I get from knowing that, too. This Saturday, however, I was paid a big fat
$0.00! WHAT?!!? I usually don’t get up-in-arms about $$$, but as a recent entrepreneur I use the income from my job to fund my business. Thus, it’s sort of important. 🙂 I talked to my company’s headquarters to ask where the money was and they said it was sent to me via check. THEN after speaking to my office secretary I find out she put my check in the mail(?) on Saturday. Here we are on Monday and it still hasn’t reached me. I have goals to reach here!!
I had no clue people still got paid via snail mail anymore these days. Needless to say I wasn’t a happy camper today. 😐
flat-broke but am eagerly waiting to save and invest!!! (Thinking about getting into real estate in some way, shape, or form… Probably in the form of tax liens…) Ahhh! I’m itching over here!!
Pray for me, folks.
I’ll do a net worth calculation every month on this blog just to show you guys where I’m at financially! There are several ways to calculate net worth (a person’s total asset value) but I’ve chosen to be strict with mine. Usually a person’s net worth calculation includes cash as well as property they own (checking/savings, investments, expensive electronics, jewelry, paid-for vehicles, etc.) minus any debt. But I’ve decided that my net worth calculations will include only my CASH MONEY minus any DEBT. My goal is $1,000,000 within 3 to 5 years! I’m obviously nowhere close to that, but hey… Gotta start somewhere, right??? Here it is…
|NET WORTH (NOV. 2013)|
|ASSETS||THIS MONTH||DIFFERENCE||LAST MONTH|
|^^^Not due until April 2014||$0.00||$0.00||$0.00|
-My emergency fund went down due to poor planning. Thats why I’m lacking there. I’m planning on making it up in the next month and a half or so…
-I also have a tiny student loan that I won’t start paying on until April of next year so I’m not including it in my net worth quite yet! 😉
Like I said, this is a chance for me to start fresh financially! You can too!! Feel free to write a comment about where your net worth is currently and how you got there! 🙂